- To provide a forum for persons engaged in public human resources administration to discuss current issues and future trends.
- To exchange ideas and information and establish professional contacts.
- To provide opportunities to stay current on human resources legislation and policy development at the federal, state and local levels of government.
- To enhance individual knowledge and skills and to promote career development of human resources professionals.
- To implement and advance the objectives and program of the International Public Management Association for Human Resources -U.S.
- To promote sound human resources philosophy consistent with maximization of investment in human capital.
- To encourage and facilitate cooperative action among public jurisdictions and private employers within the Chapter area on personnel problems of mutual concern.
IPMA-HR Statement of Purpose
IPMA-HR is the leading public sector human resource organization in the world. We represent the interests of human resource professionals at all levels and strive to promote excellence in HR management.
Serving HR professionals since 1906, IPMA-HR is your resource for comprehensive and timely HR industry news, jobs, policies, resources, education, and professional development opportunities.
The organization is governed by an Executive Council and divided into more than 40 chapters, residing in four U.S. regions and abroad. Visit the association at ipma-hr.org.